Instagram's features are constantly being updated, with new features being added and old ones discontinued. In our “Instagram Guides,” we’ll look at Instagram, explain its new and old features, and show you how to get the most out of the platform for your marketing strategy. Today: How to use and follow hashtags on Instagram.
Hashtags are an easy and effective way to reach a lot of people on Instagram. Learn how businesses can benefit from them in our in-depth guide to hashtags.
You can add hashtags in the caption or comments of your post. If you have a public account and add hashtags to a post, the post will also appear on the corresponding hashtag page.
1. Select a photo or video.
2. Select a filter, edit the image, and then tap "Next" or the right arrow.
3. Tap "Compose Caption" and then type "#" followed by the text or emojis you want to include.
4. Tap "Share" or the checkmark.
If you want to add a hashtag to a post you've already uploaded, you can simply edit the caption or add the hashtag in a comment on your image.
Once you've tagged your post with a hashtag, you can tap on the hashtag to bring up a page that displays every photo and video with that hashtag that has been publicly uploaded by Instagram users.
- When people with private profiles tag posts, the posts do not appear publicly on hashtag pages.
- Numbers are allowed in hashtags. However, spaces and special characters are not allowed.
- You can only tag your own posts. You cannot tag other people's photos and videos.
- You can use up to 30 tags in one post. If you use more than 30 tags on a single photo or video, your comment will not be published.
You can also follow hashtags on Instagram to more easily find information on topics that are important to you.
1. Tap any hashtag you see on Instagram.
2. Tap "Follow." Once you follow a hashtag, you'll see photos and videos with that hashtag in your feed.
If you want to unfollow a hashtag, tap the hashtag and then tap "Unsubscribe." Confirm your wish by selecting "Unfollow."
Conclusion: Creative option for your own Instagram marketing
For feed posts and Instagram stories, hashtags are an easy and creative way for businesses to do Instagram marketing. Storrito helps with the creation of Instagram Stories. The platform can be used within a team to create and schedule Stories.
How to add a location on Instagram before and after sharing a post
Today: How to add a location on Instagram before and after sharing a post.
How to Get the Most out of Instagram Guides for your Business
Find out here how to create your own Instagram Guides and how to get the most out of them for your business.
Be the first to know when we're adding new features and releasing new updates!