Want to successfully showcase your brand on Instagram? Then Instagram Stories should be a part of your daily work. In our "Storrito Q&A" we’ll explain everything you need to know about Instagram, Instagram Stories and Instagram Marketing.
Today: how do I start a live fundraiser on Instagram?
Any profile can start a fundraiser for or donate to a nonprofit on Instagram Live.
We'll show you how to start a live fundraiser in five steps:
1. Tap your profile picture in the bottom right corner to go to your personal profile.
2. Scroll all the way down to "Live."
3. Tap the heart or "Fundraiser" on the left.
4. Select a nonprofit organization to fundraise for by scrolling down to search or typing the name into the search bar at the top.
5. Tap the colorful icon to start your live video fundraiser.
All donations collected during the live fundraiser will go directly to the non-profit organization you select. During the fundraiser, your viewers will see a donate button at the bottom of their screen. They'll be able to see the nonprofit you selected and the amount you've already raised during the live video.
When running a live fundraiser, there are a few things to keep in mind. To check the current status of your fundraiser, you can tap "View" in the bottom right corner. Here, you will also see a list of viewers who have donated to your fundraiser.
To thank your viewers for their donation, tap "Wave" next to a donor's name.
While you can go live with someone else, the other person cannot select a different nonprofit to fundraise for at the same time.
When you finish your live video, you'll see the donation amount and the number of donors. You can also start a fundraiser by adding a donate button to your stories.
When you join a live fundraiser, you can also donate money yourself. We'll show you how:
1. Tap "Donate" in the bottom left corner.
2. Enter the amount you would like to donate and then tap on "Continue."
3. Select a payment method.
4. If you want to change the email address you want the donation payment receipt sent to, tap it and enter a new email address.
5. Tap "Donate" at the bottom, and then tap "Done."
You can donate as many times as you want during a live video. In the US, your individual donations can range from $5 to $2,500. In the EU, you can donate up to 250 euros every 31 days.
Instagram Stories are becoming an increasingly important part of a good marketing strategy. To make it easier to work on Instagram Stories as a team, Storrito can help. You can design, edit and schedule your stories from the comfort of your computer. This way, everyone has access to and an overview of your Instagram Stories.
Storrito Q&A: What happens when someone mentions me in their Instagram Story?
What happens when someone mentions me in their Instagram Story?
Storrito Q&A: How do I start a personal fundraiser on Instagram?
How do I start a personal fundraiser on Instagram?
Be the first to know when we're adding new features and releasing new updates!